"The R'lyeh Singularity" which appeared in Permuted Press's Cthulhu Unbound 3 has gathered numerous positive reviews has now received honour mentions in two Year's Best collections.
The first is in Best Horror of the Year Vol. 5 edited Ellen Datlow and the second in The Year's Best Australian Fantasy & Horror, 2012 edited by Liz Grzyb and Talie Helene.
Some reviews on "The R'lyeh Singularity" on Amazon.com:
"Conyers has an elegant grasp on quantum physics, while Sammons knows how to get all the "big military toys" in the sandbox. They both fuse together to create some kind of mad orchestrator that doles out awesomeness by the handfuls."
"For those interested in seeing how the American government might handle national security threats of the Cthulhu-kind, I would say this one is worth the price of admission on its own."
"I devoured "The R'lyeh Singularity" in a single sitting, turned back to the opening page and did it again. This is a big budget Hollywood summer movie in novella form, though far smarter than anything Michael Bay would bring to theaters."
"The story was high energy spy thriller that integrates the horror of the Cthulhu
Saturday, 24 August 2013
My latest anthology edited with Brian M. Sammons, Undead & Unbound, has just been released on Amazon.com.
Undead & Unbound celebrates those who have returned from the grave — in all their glory and in whatever form they take. You will find the famous blood-drinkers and flesh eaters here, but also ghosts, patched-together reanimates, fiends of myth and folklore, and some not-so-easily-identifiable creatures from beyond the grave.
Nineteen tales take the undead to their limits. From the distant past to the far-flung future, and to all corners of the Earth, the undead are eternal and everywhere: symbiotes, parasites, monster mash-ups and ghoulish grins, bleak tales of inescapable dread, an ancient evil from a far-away land with unspeakable dietary needs, a boy and his…well, it’s not a dog. History is brought to (un)life. Ghosts, specters, phantoms and haunts of every sort. Not-so-easily-classifiable stories that do new things with the basic premise of what’s alive, what’s dead, and what’s neither.
And yes, you lovers of all things zombie—fear-not, for your favorite flesh eaters are here but, thankfully, not exactly as you would expect them.
Undead & Unbound celebrates all things from beyond the grave, the different, and no matter how old the bones, new life can always be found.
Selected and edited by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers. Cover art by Paul Mudie. 288 pages. Trade Paperback.
The Tales Included:
- Blind Item by Cody Goodfellow
- Dead Baby Keychain Blues by Gary McMahon
- A Personal Apocalypse by Mercedes M. Yardley
- The Unexpectedby Mark Allan Gunnells
- Incarnate by David Dunwoody
- Marionettes by Robert Neilson
- Undead Night of the Undeadest Undead by C.J. Henderson
- I Am Legion by Robert M. Price
- When Dark Things Sleep by Damien Walters Grintalis
- Descanse En Paz by William Meikle
- Thunder in Old Kilpatrick by Gustavo Bondoni
- Phallus Incarnate by Glynn Owen Barrass
- Wreckers by Tom Lynch
- Scavenger by Oscar Rios
- In the House of Millions of Years by John Goodrich
- Romero 2.0 by Brian M. Sammons and David Conyers
- Mother Blood by Scott David Aniolowski
- The Unforgiving Court by David Schembri
- North of the Arctic Circle by Peter Rawlik