Thursday 24 February 2011

William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review

This year I’m eligible for the Ditmar Awards' William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review for contributing editor and reviewer for Albedo One, specifically for promoting Australian speculative fiction in Europe and internationally. I have been in this role since 2007, and have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this very professional magazine and I plan to be with them as long as they'll have me.
 
I've been asked by several Ditmar nominators what Australian titles I have reviewed in that time (this is by no means a complete list of my reviews), and so decided to include them on my blog for ease of access:

Issue 33 (2007)
  • Year’s Best Australian SF & Fantasy Vol 1, Ed. Bill Congreve and Michelle Marquardt, Mirrordanse Publishing
Isssue 34 (2007)
  • Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror 2006, ed. Angela Challis and Shane Jiraiya Cummings, Brimstone Press
  • Geodesica Asecent, Sean Williams with Shahne Dix, Voyager
  • Geodesica Decent, Sean Williams with Shahne Dix, Voyager
Issue 35 (2007)
  • Australian Dark Fantasy & Horror 2007, ed. Angela Challis and Shane Jiraiya Cummings, Brimstone Press
Issue 36 (2009)
  • Year’s Best Australian SF & Fantasy Vol 4, Ed. Bill Congreve and Michelle Marquardt, Mirrordanse Publishing
  • Angel Rising, Dirk Flinthart, Twelfth Planet Press
Issue 37 (2009)

  • Voices, ed Mark S. Deniz and Amanda Pillar, Morrigan Books
  • The New Space Opera, Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan, Eos Books
Issue 38 (2010)
  • The Opposite of Life, Narrelle M. Harris, Pulp Fiction Press
  • Horn, Peter M Ball, Twelfth Planet Press
Issue 39 (2010)
  • Monster Blood Tattoo 1: Founding, D. M. Cornish, Omnibus Books
  • Phoenix and the Darkness of Wolves, Shane Jiraiya Cummings, Damnation Books
Online Reviews (all 2010)
More Australian (and internatinoal) reviews will continue to appear in future issues. If you wish to nominate me in the above category, and I will be very grateful if you do, you can do so online here.

No comments: