We aimed for science fiction stories set into the far future and taking place in the far reaches of space. In this issue you’ll discover a strange world with a planetary ring forged from organic matter, bizarre aliens cataloguing and collecting humans to populate their idea of paradise, Lovecraftian horrors come to life in the heart of a comet, cybernetic monsters hunting humans in the hull of an abandoned star ship, and paranoid space explorers pushed to their limits at the frontier of an uncharted universe.
The stories, in no particular order, are:
- “Out Hunting for Teeth” Joanne Anderton
- “Trawling the Void” Alan Baxter
- “Silver-Clean” Jenny Blackford
- “Graveyard Orbit” Shane Jiraiya Cummings
- “More Matter, Less Art” Stephen Dedman
- “Seeds” Mark Farrugia
- “Earthworms” Cody Goodfellow
- “The Wanderer in the Darkness” Andrew J. McKiernan
- “Dead Low” Cat Sparks
- “Surgeon Scapelfingers” Helen Stubbs
The issue will feature an in depth interview with Chris Moore, world renowned British science fiction artist best known for his striking covers for Orion Publishing’s SF Masterworks series and for his concept art for film The Empire Strikes Back. We also interview a well-known multiple award winning science fiction author, and who that is we will announce later.
Artwork will be announced in the coming days, but I can say that we were lucky to score a cover from an extremely talented science fiction illustrator who will be well known to the readers of Interzone.