Monday 1 December 2008

The Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia

I recently picked myself up a copy of The Cthulhu Mythos Encyclopedia by Daniel Harms from Elder Signs Press, now in its third edition (the first two were published by Chaosium Inc.). It's a great reference book for all things Cthulhoid, and Dan has done a fine job yet again.
I was pleased to see that several of my stories were referenced in various entries, including "Weapon Grade" (Shoggoths), "False Containment" (Great Race of Yith), Devil's Chidlren (Book of Azathoth), "The Spiraling Worm" (Nyarlathotep), "Made of Meat" (Shub Niggurath and Tcho-Tcho), and Secrets of Kenya (Nyarlathotep). Makes me feel like I'm an official member of a club now.
Nice to see entries in there for John Sunseri, William Jones and Charles Stross, who weren't in the original edition. Also, C.J. Henderson's Teddy London character got his own entry.