Wednesday 29 July 2009

Ancient Shadows: Dark Tales of Eldritch Fantasy

I recently discovered that a short story I wrote many years ago is finally seeing print, in William Jones' lastest anthology Ancient Shadows: Dark Tales of Eldritch Fantasy and published by his imprint Elder Signs Press. Originally slated as Eldritch Steel, it's now scheduled for release in late 2009 or early 2010 depending on what you read where on the World Wide Web.

My story, "The Hag of Zais" takes place in H.P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands setting and is about a man lost and dying in the Sahara who encounters a talking cat. The cat promises to save the man's is life if he in turn promises to undertake a quest banishing a sorceress haunting a once great city of cats. Anyone familiar with my Secrets of Kenya sourcebook for the Call of Cthulhu game will notice that I've adapted this story story from the scenario in that book, "The Cats of Lamu." This story is a little bit different for me, as it's more high fantasy than anything I've written before.
Ancient Shadows can be purchased from Amazon.com.

No comments: