Tuesday 16 August 2011

Salisbury Writers Festival Workshop on Getting Started Writing SF and Fantasy

For all start-out speculative fiction authors in Adelaide, I'm running a workshop at the Salisbury Writers Festival this weekend, and I've been told there are still places:

Getting Started Writing Science Fiction and Fantasy
1pm-3:30pm Sunday 21st August
12 James Street, Salisbury
$40 ($30 concession) 2.5 hours

Join me in an open discussion about how to get started as a science fiction or fantasy writer. I’ll cover plotting a story, characters, worldbuilding, getting the science (or the fantasy) right, researching topics, and getting ideas. On the business side of things I’ll cover how to write a covering letter, proper manuscript formatting, where to find markets, the advantages of writing short stories, getting reviews and entering awards, networking, and maintaining a website.

I will also be attending the openning ceremony too, on Friday night:

Opening and Awards Presentation

7pm Friday 19th August
John Harvey Gallery
12 James Street, Salisbury
free event
RSVP essential
Tel (08) 8406 8368
Email dcolbeck@salisbury.sa.gov.au

Full program can be viewed here.

No comments: